Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Benefits of Not Being Organized

I will admit that I am not the most organized person in the world.  I have things everywhere.  Oh, sure, I've got baskets for old photos, containers for buttons and do-dads, but I also have boxes filled with old bills, a few pens that may or may not work, bits and pieces of things, and outdated magazines.  These items usually end up in the boxes because they've been on a counter or an end table when company is coming over.  I'm too lazy busy to go through everything and put it in its proper place.

My disorganization does have its advantages, though.  When looking through stacks of things, I often find something that brings back wonderful memories.  Yesterday, for example, I ran across these beauties:   

a photo of my son when he was around 3 years old



NCAA tickets from the first time my son and husband went to the NCAA tournament.  They've gone every year since.


Won't these be fun to get into a scrapbook?  True, if I were more organized, I would have known where they were, but it's just more fun to run across them unexpectedly.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment