Saturday, December 3, 2011

Trying the Art Journal Thing

I've never been an artist, nor a diary-writer.  So why start an Art Journal?   It's fun!  I started on my birthday, and have done something in the Art Journal for four months now.  I don't create or write everyday, but at least 4 times a week.  Sometimes I use rubber stamps, sometime's I paint flowers, or I may just try out some hand lettering.  Practice is good, right??

Here's a photo of today's entry:

I just started using watercolors a few months ago, too.  I can't say that I'm very good at it, but my goal isn't to be an artist, but to have fun being creative.  The paints I'm using are like the sparkling watercolors in the little jars, but it's a paint palette.  I don't remember the name.  It's a cheapie one from Michael's.  If you look closely, you can see the shimmer.

I got the idea of this journal page from this site.  Dion Dior has such wonderful, colorful art!  She's fantastic.  I look at the Internet (way too often) to find inspiration.

Here's a final look at today's page.  You can see the stenciling on this one.



Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment