Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What to Do, What to Do

I'm a newbie at Mixed Media art.  I really haven't made much, except for the cell phone cover (see it here).  I'm pretty proud of that, and it's upheld well.  Anyway, I keep looking at everyone's cool Mixed Media art, and want to try my hand at it a little more.


 I found a hot deal on canvases at Michael's before Christmas (less than $1 per canvas), so I thought I'd give it a try.  But now I'm stuck.  So far, I've added a green base in a swirly fashion.  So far, so good.  Then I added a couple of other colors plus some paper and a few paint circles. (Sorry about the color difference-I need to work in my photography skills.)  My thought was to use the orange paper as a base for flowers.  But I didn't like how it was turning out, so now I've added some more paint over the top of the orange paper.
   Now I don't know what to do next.  For some reason canvas seems like such a Big Deal, even though it really isn't.  So I'll look through my Pinterest boards to get some ideas.  Ugh.  Why am I making this into such a Thing?  I'm sure everyone has things they've made that just don't turn out like they had envisioned-especially when they were Newbies, too.
    Stay tuned for a finished project.  I hope.

Your fortune for the day:  A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.



No comments:

Post a Comment