Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Southwest Mixed Media Cell Phone Cover

   As you know, I've just started making mixed media items.  My first piece I showed you was a cell phone cover.  I'm proud to say that I've been using that one and it's held up well.  It goes in and out of my purse a lot, so it needed to be sturdy.  Good ol' Mod Podge!
  So now I'm hooked on the cell phone covers.  I have no idea why; maybe because it's a small canvas.  I started making another one, and decided to go ahead and do two others at the same time.  It's not much more work.
  I never know where I'm going with mixed media designs-do you?  I just start layering paper and paint, change my mind a few times, and add more of this to cover up that, and on it goes.  Today's cell phone cover started out with the purple at the bottom, but I ended up flipping it for the finished project.
Janine Rudnick
 The cell phone cover is made out of heavy-duty watercolor paper.  It's a little difficult to cut the camera hole, but it mainly takes some patience.
  The wolf was stamped on different colors of paper and then pieced together.  It's a stamp from Copper Leaf Creations.  The decorative stamp is from Stamp A Mania. You can see a swirl stamped with acrylic paint above the wolf's head. Unfortunately, the company's name is not on the stamp, so I have no idea who makes it.
  Come back later this week to see another mixed media cell phone cover.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with them!  Only time will tell.

Today's fortune:  The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.


1 comment:

  1. Well, the phone cover is looking very amazing. I would like to have one such cover to protect my phone.
    bike mount for iphone 4

    ReplyDelete