Monday, April 21, 2014

Dreamweaver Stencils-Bare Trees I

A little while ago, I won this great Bare Trees stencil (LJ849) from  Dreamweaver Stencils.  I used a few different techniques with this stencil, which I'll show you in the next few days.  Today's entry uses Versamark and embossing powder.  I put Versamark on the stencil itself and then put it stick-side down on the black paper.  Then I heat-embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I didn't "clean up" the image, so some of the embossing powder got on the other parts of the design, which I thought added some nice detail.

  

After I had the Bare Trees design, I added a from Cricut's Ornamental Iron cartridge.  Here's the resulting card front:

 

 More Bare Trees designs to come!  I recommend getting this stencil-it's very versatile.

Until another day...

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool Janeen! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! A great technique, I love the aged vintage look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete